SSVC Rules & Regulations
Management reserves the right to ask campers who are not abiding by our rules and regulations to vacate their site with no refund.
Please note that it is up to you to read and be aware of all of our rules and policies.
• Reservations are recommended for July and August, or for a favorite site.
• Please notify campground office if you are going to be arriving later than 8pm at 207-244-3890.
• Must be 18 years of age to rent a campsite.
• Check in time is after 1:00pm until 8:00pm. Check out time is by 11:00am sharp! We reserve the right to remove your property from the campsite if you have not vacated by 11:00am on agreed departure date.
• *Quiet time starts from 10pm to 7am and is enforced. Please respect other campers and keep your noise level to a minimum, otherwise the police may be called and you will be asked to leave.
• No loud parties will be tolerated at any time.
• No firearms allowed in the campground. This includes BB guns etc.
• Radios and televisions are to be kept at a reasonable level.
• Heaters and Air conditioners may be used but we ask that you only use them when necessary. Turn them off whenever possible – Please THINK GREEN!
• There is absolutely NO SWIMMING in the Quarry, this is for your own safety. The Quarry is very deep with many sharp and dangerous rocks.
• Please observe the 5 mph speed limit on camp roads.
• Do not walk through other campsites. Respect other campers.
• Dispose of all trash in dumpsters provided for your convenience.
• Please recycle bottles in containers provided (no trash in these containers, please).
• Leave your site as you found it ….. CLEAN. Your card will be charged a $25 fee if you move/tamper with fire pits, or trash the campsite in any way.
• Limited supplies are available at the campground office/store.
• Management is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. There is a lost and found in the office.
• Local wildlife is very friendly. Securely store food and anything else a large raccoon could carry off!
• Picnic tables, a water faucet, and fire pits are provided for each site.
• Please leave something on your site so we know it is occupied and not for rent.
• Please report any problems to the office or call 911.
• Please note that local law enforcement patrol the grounds regularly. Please abide by all Maine State laws.
Site Occupancy Limitations:
Every effort will be made to provide you with the site you request. However it is not guaranteed - we will provide you with a comparable site if the requested site is unavailable.
We do our best to keep this website updated and current but sometimes there is a delay in posting new information. We reserve the right to make changes to our policies as we see necessary.
Thank you, we appreciate your cooperation and hope you enjoy your stay on Somes Sound View Campground. Our goal is to provide a clean and healthy family environment.
NOTE: Based on the information we have received from you about your camping equipment and vehicle, we will put you in a site that will be a good fit for you. In the event your unit does not fit in your site when you arrive, we will always try to relocate you to an adequate site. However, if you move to a site for less money we will not refund the difference. If you move to a site that is more money we will charge you the difference.