Because of our small and seasonal business, cancellations affect us significantly. Therefore, we adhere to a very strict cancellation policy. Cancellations made more than 30 days prior to arrival will result in the refund of $35 of your payment. Cancellations made within 30 days of your confirmed arrival date will result in forfeiture of half of the payment regardless of the reason.
Management reserves the right to ask campers who are not abiding by our rules and regulations to vacate their site with no refund.
Please note that it is up to you to read and be aware of all of our rules and policies.
- Reservations are recommended for July and August
- Please notify campground office if you are going to be arriving later than 8pm at 207-244-8094.
- Must be 18 years of age to rent a campsite.
- Check in time is after 1:00pm. Check out time is by 11:00am sharp! We reserve the right to remove your property from the campsite if you have not vacated by 11:00am on agreed departure date.
- *Quiet time starts from 10pm to 7am and is enforced. Please respect other campers and keep your noise level to a minimum, otherwise the police may be called, and you will be asked to leave.
- No loud parties will be tolerated at any time.
- No firearms allowed in the campground. This includes BB guns etc.
- Radios and televisions are to be kept at a reasonable level.
- Heaters and Air conditioners may be used but we ask that you only use them when necessary. Turn them off whenever possible – Please THINK GREEN!
- There is absolutely NO SWIMMING in the Quarry, this is for your own safety. The Quarry is very deep with many sharp and dangerous rocks.
- Please observe the 5 mph speed limit on camp roads.
- Do not walk through other campsites. Respect other campers.
- Dispose of all trash in dumpsters provided for your convenience.
- Please recycle bottles in containers provided (no trash in these containers, please).
- Leave your site as you found it … CLEAN. Your card will be charged a $25 fee if you move/tamper with fire pits or trash the campsite in any way.
- Limited supplies are available at the campground office/store.
- Management is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. There is a lost and found in the office.
- Local wildlife is very friendly. Securely store food and anything else a large raccoon could carry off!
- Picnic tables, a water faucet, and fire pits are provided for each site.
- Please leave something on your site so we know it is occupied and not for rent.
- Please report any problems to the office or call 911.
- Please note that local law enforcement patrols the grounds regularly. Please abide by all Maine State laws.
We require full payment prior to your arrival, also see the cancellation policy. A $10 fee will be charged due to insufficient funds on all returned checks. In the event of a returned check final payment, plus fees, will be due immediately.
Check in time is after 1:00pm. Late arrivals will find a map to your site and check-in materials outside the office door.
Site Occupancy Limitations:
Each site is designed for 1 tent/RV/camper or van, 1 vehicle, and 4-5 people. An additional tent, vehicle or adult may be added at a cost of $10 per night if space allows. Consult SSVC staff.
All cars in the campground must display a valid car tag. Vehicles that do not have one are subject to towing at the owner’s expense. Cars are not to be left on the shoreline unless you have a waterfront site, they’ll need to be parked in the designated spot on your campsite. We do not have a parking lot, only a few spaces for guests checking in at the office. Extra cars will be charged $10 per night.
Must check into the office, park within the host campsite, and leave before quiet hours,10:00pm.
Do not bring any wood from out of the area into the campground. Don’t give bugs a free ride! We have firewood available to buy at the camp store. Cutting trees or breaking branches off trees is prohibited. Campfires must be extinguished prior to being left unattended.
We do allow dogs. Please leave your dog at home if he/she is not good on a leash, around children or barks incessantly. We do not allow dogs in the pool area. Please be responsible with their waste and properly pick up after your pets. Dogs must not be left unattended and must be on a leash at all times. Please be aware that if your dog(s) are acting aggressive, excessively barking, or making other campers uncomfortable you will be asked to leave the campground with no refund.
Parents are responsible for the behavior and safety of their children in the water, boat ramp, dock, pool and in the camping area. Children riding bikes need to wear helmets!
Must rinse off before entering pool. Do not touch fittings. Children under 16 years of age need to be with an adult. No running, diving, smoking, dogs, food, or drink in pool area. We keep the pool open in nice weather from 8am to 8pm unless otherwise posted. We reserve the right to close the pool for poor weather or for maintenance.
Washing dishes, clothes, dogs, or port-a-toilets is not permitted in the restrooms or showers. Please turn showers off when you are done and note there is a delay for the water to stop after you have turned to the off position. Please clean up after yourself in the bathhouse and report any issues to the office.
Kayaks are available for rent in the office to use in Somes Sound. Paddle boats are free for use in the Quarry, remember children must wear life jackets. Contracts must be signed before using and you do so at your own risk. Life jackets are required and provided for your safety. No use during bad weather or after dark.
Available for rent at $35 per night. Contracts must be signed before use in the office.
We will be taking reservations beginning February 1st. If you’d like to reserve a site for your next visit, you will need to make a full payment to hold that site.
Every effort will be made to provide you with the site you request. However it is not guaranteed – we will provide you with a comparable site if the requested site is unavailable.
NOTE: Based on the information we have received from you about your camping equipment and vehicle, we will put you in a site that will be a good fit for you. In the event your unit does not fit in your site when you arrive, we will always try to relocate you to an adequate site. However, if you move to a site for less money, we will not refund the difference. If you move to a site that is more money, we will charge you the difference.
We do our best to keep this website updated and current but sometimes there is a delay in posting new information. We reserve the right to make changes to our policies as we see necessary.
Thank you, we appreciate your cooperation and hope you enjoy your stay on Somes Sound View Campground. Our goal is to provide a clean and healthy family environment.